Baked Peaches with Brown Sugar
Peaches are one of the most beloved fruits out there, and there really is nothing better than the first taste of a freshly picked peach of the season. With their sweet, soft and deliciously juicy flesh, they make the perfect snack or delicious addition to countless recipes.
But one of the most unique and delicious treats made with peaches is the delectable Baked Peaches with Brown Sugar. As the name suggests, this recipe combines the sweetness of juicy peaches with the mild and delectable flavor of brown sugar to make a truly decadent dish that is both creamy and crunchy.
In addition to being an undeniably tasty treat, this recipe is incredibly easy to make and requires no special equipment. All you need are a few fresh peaches, some butter, brown sugar and a baking dish. The prepping takes a few minutes, and the whole dish is ready in just half an hour.
• 6 medium-sized peaches, cut in half and pits removed
• 4 tablespoons of melted butter
• 2 tablespoons of light brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Arrange the peaches cut-side-up on a greased baking dish.
3. Drizzle the melted butter over the peaches.
4. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the peaches.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
6. Serve warm or cold.
Tips and Variations
• For extra sweetness, add a few tablespoons of maple syrup or honey to the melted butter before drizzling it over the peaches.
• Try adding some grated nutmeg or a pinch of ground cardamom to the spice mixture for an even more decadent flavor.
• If you don’t have any peaches on hand, try this recipe with other seasonal fruits like plums or apples.
• For an extra layer of crunchy texture, sprinkle slivered almonds or chopped walnuts over the peaches before baking.
• To get a more intense caramelized flavor, spread the melted butter and brown sugar mixture over the peaches and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes before broiling the peaches for 2-3 minutes.
Serving and Storage
Baked Peaches with Brown Sugar are an incredibly versatile dish that can be enjoyed both warm and cold. Serve them as a healthy dessert with a scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt, or as a topping over oatmeal or pancakes. You can even use them as a fruity topping for salads or savory side dishes like rice or quinoa.
The leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week. Reheat them in a preheated oven for a few minutes before serving.
A single serving of Baked Peaches with Brown Sugar (1/2 cup) provides 80 calories and 4.5 grams of fat. It is a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A and potassium.
Baked Peaches with Brown Sugar is a heavenly sweet and savory dish that combines the irresistible sweetness of peaches with the delicate flavor of brown sugar. Not only is it an incredibly pleasing treat, it is also incredibly simple and quick to make. The dish is great for a healthy snack or a sweet dessert, and the leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. Give this wonderful recipe a try today to experience the sweet and succulent delight of Baked Peaches with Brown Sugar!