What could be better than snuggling up with a steaming hot bowl of pancake batter, waiting for a stack of irresistible, golden-brown-crusted pancakes? Nothing beats the satisfaction that comes with savoring warm, fluffy pancakes with a drizzle of maple syrup and a spoonful of melted butter. And when you add some freshly cut bananas and a pinch of cinnamon, you get a flavor that’s downright irresistible.
For an even more indulgent breakfast treat, you can make banana pancakes. This delicious, easy-to-make recipe is sure to get you out of bed and running off to the kitchen in the morning.
To make a delicious stack of banana pancakes, you’ll need the following ingredients:
• 2 large, ripe bananas
• 2 large eggs
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• 2 cups milk
1. Start by preheating a skillet over medium heat and greasing it lightly with butter.
2. Mash the bananas in a medium bowl using a fork or a spoon. You’ll want the mixture to be slightly chunky, so a few small chunks of banana are totally fine.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until they’re light and fluffy.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon to the bowl with the mashed bananas. Stir until everything is incorporated.
5. Slowly pour in the melted butter and the milk, stirring until the mixture is completely blended.
6. Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, spoon the batter onto the preheated skillet.
7. Cook the pancakes until the edges are lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Flip over and cook for an additional 30 seconds, or until the other side is lightly browned.
8. Transfer the pancakes to a plate and serve them with melted butter and maple syrup.
Banana pancakes are best served hot, so eat them right away or store in a warm oven.
While a stack of banana pancakes with melted butter and syrup makes for a delicious breakfast, there are other ways to serve this delectable dish. Add a scoop of ice cream, some fresh fruits, or a dollop of yogurt to your banana pancakes for a delightful twist. Or you can add a few tablespoons of peanut butter or Nutella to the batter before you cook it for an extra delicious touch. If you really want to get creative, you can top your pancakes with a drizzle of melted dark chocolate, some mini marshmallows, or a few slices of banana.
Tips for Skeptical Tastebuds
If banana pancakes don’t sound particularly appetizing to you, you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how good they taste. The banana flavor blends well with the other ingredients and produces a flavor that’s subtly sweet and delicious. But if you’re still unsure about the taste, try adding a few tablespoons of sugar or honey to the batter. This will help enhance the banana flavor and make your pancakes even more scrumptious.
So why wait? This delicious banana pancake recipe is sure to kickstart your mornings in the best way possible. With a few simple ingredients and some trusty kitchen tools, you can whip up a batch of these golden-brown pancakes in no time. Enjoy!