Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
If you are seeking a fresh, delightful, and nutritious recipe, then look no further – Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is the answer for you. It is an easy-to-prepare appetizing dish with an exotic combination of healthy ingredients that deliver a tantalising flavour.
The Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is gluten-free and vegetarian-friendly, comprising of several wholesome and fresh ingredients. This dish works great for lunch, dinner, and even for a light snack. It can be served as a side to a main course, or as a delicious meal leave your guests speechless.
High-quality polyphenols, minerals, and vitamins, along with essential oils and anti-inflammatory elements are packed in the grains of quinoa to nourish your body. Meanwhile, the other ingredients add colour and flavor to the salad. So, let’s pick up the ingredients and find out how to prepare a colourful and delightful Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
• ½ cup uncooked quinoa
• 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
• 2 lemons, juice and zest
• 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• A pinch of salt
• 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 1 large red bell pepper, diced
• ½ red onion, diced
• 1-2 tablespoons of capers
• 12 ounces cooked chickpeas
• 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
• 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, optional
1. Begin by rinsing the quinoa under cold water.
2. Place the rinsed quinoa in a saucepan along with the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
3. Decrease the heat to low, cover the saucepan with a lid and let it cook for 15 minutes.
4. When done, fluff the quinoa with a fork, transfer it to a bowl and refrigerate it for at least 15 minutes.
5. In the meantime, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing: the lemon juice and zest, the apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, thyme, and salt.
6. Take out the quinoa from the fridge and add the remaining ingredients: the cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, red onion, capers, chickpeas, feta cheese, and optional pine nuts.
7. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix everything together.
8. Finally, sprinkle with parsley and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
This Mediterranean Quinoa Salad is best served chilled. To get the most of the flavor, let it set for a few minutes after preparation. Also, you can use the leftovers in a wrap or a grain bowl.
This salad is an excellent source of nutrition. It provides an excellent balance of whole grains, low-fat protein, and some healthy fats that offer satiety, as well as vitamins and minerals. Also, it contains some antioxidant-rich vegetables such as cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and onion.
So, to summarise, this salad is an ideal way to boost the nutritional value of your meal, while not compromising its taste. It is aromatic, flavorful, and nutrient-dense – a treat for the senses! Try it and make it your go-to dish alongside your entrée.
Enjoy the Mediterranean Quinoa Salad and the health benefits that come with it. Don’t forget to enjoy every bite of it, savoring its nutritious and captivating flavor. It will be truly delightful!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?