Cooking up a delicious breakfast dish for your family or for yourself shouldn’t take a lot of time or effort. The great thing about Oatmeal Pancakes is that they are both incredibly delicious and incredibly easy to make. Whether you’re an experienced cook or just starting out, you’ll find this recipe to be simple and delicious enough to satisfy everyone.
Oatmeal Pancakes make for a delicious, nutritious and hearty meal option. They are loaded with protein, complex carbohydrates, and are filled with essential vitamins and minerals. Plus, they are a great way to use up any leftover oatmeal in the pantry.
In this article, we will walk you through the easy-to-follow recipe for making some of the most delicious oatmeal pancakes you’ve ever had. Let’s get started!
Ingredients You Will Need For Oatmeal Pancakes
Before you begin, take a few moments to get all of your ingredients prepped and ready. Here is what you will need:
– 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
– 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon of baking powder
– 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 cup of melted butter
– 1 1/2 cups of almond milk (or any other type of milk will work)
– 1/4 cup of honey
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
Instructions for Making Oatmeal Pancakes
To begin, preheat your griddle or skillet to medium heat.
In a large bowl, add in the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix all of these ingredients together until combined.
In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, butter, almond milk, honey, and vanilla extract together until combined.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together until all of the ingredients are evenly combined.
If you wish to add the walnuts, add them to the batter and mix them in.
Using a ladle, add the batter in 1/4 cup increments to the preheated skillet or griddle. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until small bubbles begin to form on the surface of the pancakes. Flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until both sides are golden brown.
Once the pancakes are cooked, transfer them to a plate. Drizzle with additional honey or syrup and top with a handful of berries, or whatever topping you would like. Serve warm and enjoy!
Why You’ll Love This Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
This oatmeal pancake recipe is all kinds of delicious and simple to make, but that’s not all. Here are some of the reasons why you’ll love this recipe:
– This recipe is a great way to use up leftover oatmeal in the pantry.
– It’s a great way to get a nutritious and filling breakfast.
– You can make this recipe vegan by swapping out the eggs for a replacer and the butter for coconut oil.
– You can add whatever toppings you like, from honey and syrup to fresh fruits and nuts.
– The pancake batter can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days, making it a great meal prep option.
Tips for Making The Perfect Oatmeal Pancakes
Making delicious oatmeal pancakes doesn’t have to be complicated. Here are a few of our top tips for making perfect oatmeal pancakes every time:
– Don’t overmix the batter. This can lead to tough and chewy pancakes.
– Make sure the pan or griddle you are using is heated to the right temperature before adding the batter. This will ensure even cooking.
– Add a few drops of oil to the pan before each batch to prevent sticking.
– Make sure not to overcrowd the pan. Too many pancakes in the pan at the same time can lead to uneven cooking
– Flip the pancakes only once. Flipping the pancakes too often can lead to them becoming tough and rubbery.
Oatmeal pancakes make for a delicious, nutritious and easy-to-make breakfast. With this simple recipe and some tips from our experts, you’ll be able to make some of the most delicious oatmeal pancakes you’ve ever tasted. Make sure to store any leftover pancakes in the fridge or freezer and enjoy them throughout the week. Bon appetit!