If you’re looking for a recipe that’s full of flavor, healthy, and easy to put together, then consider salmon burgers. Salmon is a well-known source of healthy fats, proteins, and vitamins, making it an excellent choice for a meal. Packaged salmon burgers are available to buy online and in stores, but for a more special dinner, you might want to try a homemade version.
Salmon burgers are versatile and can be cooked in different ways. They can be grilled, cooked in a skillet, or even oven-baked. Plus, salmon burgers are filled with flavor and usually come with a side of veggies or a salad, making them a great choice for any meal. Plus, they’re simple to customize with different spices and herbs.
Ingredients you’ll Need to Make Salmon Burgers
To make the best salmon burgers, gather the following ingredients:
• Two 6-ounce packages of skinless and boneless salmon, chopped
• ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
• 1 egg
• Chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme or parsley
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 4 hamburger buns
Cooking Instructions for Delicious Salmon Burgers
1. Preheat your oven to 375-degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the salmon, panko breadcrumbs, garlic, Dijon mustard, egg, fresh herbs, salt, and pepper until everything is combined. Don’t over-mix the ingredients.
3. Using a spoon or your hands, scoop the salmon mixture into four equal portions. Shape the salmon into patties, making sure they’re fairly thick.
4. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on the stove. Once hot, add the salmon patties to the skillet, cooking them for about three minutes on each side until they’re evenly golden brown.
5. Place the cooked salmon patties on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
6. Serve the salmon burgers hot on the buns, along with lettuce, tomato, onion, aioli, and/or other toppings, as desired. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Delicious and Healthy Salmon Burgers
To help you make the most of your salmon burgers, here are some tips for a flavorful, succulent meal:
• Use fresh or canned salmon – or even smoked salmon instead of regular salmon. You can also use canned salmon mixed with canned tuna and diced vegetables to make a flavorful salmon burger.
• For a more flavorful salmon burger, you can add in other ingredients such as feta cheese, capers, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and chopped fresh herbs.
• If you’re not a fan of the fishy smell, soak the salmon in milk for about 15 minutes before cooking. This will help remove any odor from the salmon.
• To make a turkey salmon burger, combine 1/2 cup ground turkey or sausage with 1 cup of canned salmon and spices.
• Try adding some crushed red pepper or a few dashes of hot sauce to kick up the heat of your salmon burgers.
• If you’re watching your calories, you can use a leaner cut of salmon in your burgers, such as the tail end.
• If you don’t want to bake, you can also fry your salmon burgers in a lightly oiled skillet, adding a little more flavor.
• If you want to make a vegan version of this dish, replace the salmon with mashed white beans, chickpeas, or black beans.
Why You Should Try Making Salmon Burgers
Not only are salmon burgers a healthy choice, but they’re also delicious and easy to make. Plus, you can make them as simple or as fancy as you’d like. You can serve them as classic burgers with buns and all the classic toppings, or you can top them with a few slices of avocado and a flavorful sauce.
Another great thing about salmon burgers is that they’re lighter than other types of burgers. Plus, you can use canned salmon for a quick meal, or you can add a few other ingredients like diced vegetables and herbs for a more special take on this classic dish.
If you’ve been looking for a tasty and healthy meal that’s easy to make, then salmon burgers are definitely a must-try. They’re guaranteed to become a favorite at family gatherings, picnics, and summer barbecues. Plus, they’re a quick and healthy meal you can make any night of the week. So, why not give this delectable dish a try? Your family and friends will thank you!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?